11.29.2012

ROBIN WILLIAMS ON HELLENISM AND HELLAS

Robin Williams, Hellenism & Hellas

A powerful, serious testimony from one of the funniest people on earth. Enjoy!
-Father Alex

"I have been to all the islands… facing some ancient sites I thought to myself: I cannot believe that here is a recounted everything we read in Greek mythology. Greek history is something all mankind must bow to. Maybe your economy goes to hell, but that does not mean you're helpless. Economic data is constantly changing in Europe and America for all. What is not changing is the legacy, your identity. The Parthenon does not leave Athens. It's there to remind all that progress and prosperity may return. I am now in England, for example, I have gone nowhere. I am here to promote a movie and will leave. What's there to see, Buckingham Palace? I don’t care. As when I go to Germany, I am not interested in the Berlin Wall, which is not a symbol of prosperity, but the opposite. However one cannot ignore Delos, the Parthenon and Mycenae!"

--Robin Williams on Greece during a visit to England